Pulling together to save your local
Keep pubs alive and thriving in every community
CAMRA membership counts, join us now.
Pubs are at the heart of our history and heritage, and one of our most cherished British institutions.
The forced lockdown of the nation’s pubs has had a devastating impact on the industry, with estimates that up to 40% of the nation’s pubs may close their doors for good.
We must act now to secure their future.
Pubs are a force for good in society, providing social and wellbeing benefits for people across the UK.
Campaigning for pubs is at the heart of what CAMRA does., whether it’s our local volunteers campaigning against a possible pub closure, encouraging Councils to adopt pub friendly planning policies, or lobbying the Government to take action on business rates. During COVID-19 lockdown, we have been campaigning to save and protect pubs and breweries as part of our Pulling Together campaign.
Research indicates 40% of pubs could close their doors forever… help us save pubs now!
CAMRA is proud to be leading the fight to ensure that the nation’s pubs stay open.
Pubs are important for so many great economic and social reasons including:
- Pubs serve our favourite drinks, from cask ales and regional ciders to craft gins and malt whiskies
- Pubs are communal hubs in the community, and essential to many rural ones
- Pubs contribute over 900,000 jobs and £23.6bn to the UK economy each year
- Pubs enable you to watch live sport when you can’t get to the match!
- Pubs are the go-to for a traditional Sunday lunch or a great meal out
- Pubs play an important role in the contemporary live music scene
- Pubs fundraise millions of pounds for charities each year
- Pubs are at the centre of community events and family celebrations.
- Pubs help to tackle social isolation and loneliness in society
- Pubs are vital for tourism and are on every tourist’s must-see list
- Pubs are as much a part of our heritage as Big Ben or Stonehenge
- Pubs brings us together, young and old, rich and poor, from all cultures and backgrounds.
Yet our pubs are under threat, now more than ever! CAMRA membership counts, join us today and help us campaign for pubs across the country.
Your membership enables CAMRA to campaign for real ale, pubs and drinkers’ rights.
What your membership includes:
- A welcome pack to help you make the most of your membership
- Opportunity to campaign for great beer and pubs, and to save pubs under threat from closure
- Award-winning BEER magazine (quarterly) and What’s Brewing news (monthly)
- Learning resources to help you discover more about beer and brewing
- Discounts on CAMRA books including our best-selling Good Beer Guide
- Exclusive member discounts from retailers and other outlets
- Free or reduced entry to over 180 beer festivals (Currently unavailable)
- £30 worth of CAMRA real ale vouchers (for use at pubs including JD Wetherspoon, Stonegate, Amber Taverns, Brains and more) (Currently usage subject to change/discretion)
- The Real Ale Discount Scheme where you receive discounts on pints at over 3,500 participating pubs with your membership card. (Currently usage subject to change/discretion)
Find out more about all the CAMRA Benefits available to members: