Campaigning for Pubs, Pints & People since 1971.
CAMRA is leading the fight to keep pubs alive and thriving in every community, and serving quality real ale and cider.
Find out more about our Campaigning
Campaigning for real ale, real cider and real perry is at the heart of what CAMRA does. We also campaign for all pubs and clubs, regardless of whether they serve real ale, cider or perry.
CAMRA believes pubs and clubs play a vital role in tackling loneliness and social isolation, foster community spirit and encourage social interaction. They’re also the best place to enjoy cask beer, cider and perry.
At a national level, CAMRA campaigns by lobbying Governments in Westminster, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, providing briefings on key issues, working with trade organisations, producing and coordinating national initiatives, and by supporting branch campaigning.
Locally, CAMRA branches run their own campaigns and initiatives, support pub saving groups in their branch areas, collate beer scoring and WhatPub data, engage with their MPs and Councils, and organise CAMRAs famous Beer Festivals.
All our campaigning is made possible by the thousands of pub-goers and beer lovers who are CAMRA members.
More about our current campaigns
Find out more about our work to help Save your Local. from members lobbying government to campaigning on beer duty, business rates, as well as social isolation, loneliness and wellbeing.
CAMRA membership counts,
Almost fifty years ago a group of real ale heroes got together and decided to fight for better beer in pubs.
Today CAMRA has grown into an organisation, with 180,000 members, that campaigns for real ale, pubs and drinkers’ rights.
We champion pubs, pints and people – our three key ingredients!
Pubs because the great British pub is a part of our life and culture, and we campaign to ensure their survival as well as highlight their importance in our society.
Pints because we have a passion for real ale and work to ensure you can access a broad selection of beer and ciders across the UK.
People because we’re a volunteer-led organisation, with our members at our heart.
We campaign to promote and protect beer, by actively supporting Britain’s pubs and breweries to get a better deal for beer drinkers.
Campaigning is what CAMRA does. We have achieved much in our 50 years, not least a long-term future for quality real ale and cider, which is now readily available across the UK – but there’s still so much more we can achieve with your help – now more than ever!
Campaigning for pubs, pints and people since 1971. CAMRA membership counts.
Support CAMRA and help us campaign for great beer and pubs across the country.
Your membership enables CAMRA to campaign for pints, pubs and people.
What your membership includes:
- A welcome pack to help you make the most of your membership
- Opportunity to campaign for great beer and pubs, and to save pubs under threat from closure
- Award-winning BEER magazine (quarterly) and What’s Brewing online
- Learning resources to help you discover more about beer and brewing
- Discounts on CAMRA books including our best-selling Good Beer Guide
- Exclusive member discounts from retailers and other outlets
- Free or reduced entry to CAMRA beer festivals (Back when government restrictions allow)
- £30* worth of CAMRA real ale vouchers (for use at pubs including JD Wetherspoon, Stonegate, Amber Taverns, SA Brains and more)
- The Real Ale Discount Scheme where you receive discounts on pints at over 3,500 participating pubs with your membership card.
Find out more about all the CAMRA Benefits available to members:
* Note: Joint Membership receive £40 worth of vouchers.