About the job
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
We’re looking for a skilled Administrator to join our warehouse on a part time basis.
CAMRA, The Campaign for Real Ale CAMRA’s Warehouse Team provides support to around 160 volunteer-run Beer Festivals each year as well as supporting our trading team with the fulfilment of shop orders, publicity materials & gift certificates. This role is crucial in delivering a professional, responsive & reactive service to all our customers.
Carrying out the day to day administrative duties and to support the warehouse and logistics distribution function including planning and tracking of orders for equipment in response to orders from CAMRA branches.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Be the main point of contact for logistics and equipment enquiries from branches, regions and CAMRA staff
- Ensure that all prepared collections of beer festival equipment are dispatched as expected
- Liaise with, and provide a good service to CAMRA regions and branches regarding orders for beer festival equipment, including prioritising allocation of requests, planning and recording movements
- Understand transport requirements for CAMRA festivals depending on their equipment requests and work with hauliers to book in transport for all events where required
- Ensure that the Warehouse Standards Operating Manual, CAMRA Code of Conduct and good health and safety practice are adhered to by all warehouse staff and visitors
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and voicemails within 5 working days
- Liaise with appropriate members of staff regarding deliveries
- Communicate pick lists to Warehouse Assistants and maintain accurate records for beer festival equipment
- Place purchase orders on nominated suppliers for warehouse and logistics operations including consumables
- Assist in keeping the facilities in a tidy and orderly manner, reporting issues relating to health and safety / product security promptly to line managers and senior employees
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills Strong Customer Service skills
- Attention to detail
- Numerate, written and spoken English with medium IT skills (Word, Excel, etc)
- Demonstrable organisational skills with ability to manage workloads
- Good team player with initiative and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work under pressure and balance workloads to ensure deadlines are not missed