Membership Marketing Officer
About the job
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 160,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
Come and work for one of the UK’s most recognised campaigning organisations, and the largest operator of beer festivals in the country.
The Campaign for Real Ale is looking for a talented marketer to help us grow our 162,000 strong membership base.
So, what will you be doing? In your capacity as Marketing Officer, you will develop the marketing activities to help us grow the membership. The role has a broad remit with a great mix of creative, both print and digital, partnership marketing, and yes of course marketing linked to our beer festivals!
We’re looking for someone keen to learn, has some experience which they can use to grow into the role.
To be responsible for delivering membership recruitment targets, as well as delivering marketing initiatives to support membership retention.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Create, develop, maintain, and deliver a marketing plan
- Coordinate marketing delivery across relevant touchpoint areas including and not limited to:
- Branches – Local area marketing
- Events – National and local
- Digital marketing
- Direct marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Manage all aspects of design, production, receipt, and distribution of marketing materials to support recruitment and retention target.
- Maintain and update website content for membership related areas.
Any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Membership.
- Experience of working in a Marketing role
- Demonstrable experience of ownership and responsibility for budgets and the delivery of revenue targets
- Creative and Drive to be able to see ideas through from concept to completion
- Experience of SEO, PPC, CPM management and optimisation.
- Experience of updating and creating website content using WordPress or similar software
- Ability to function effectively within a small team and to remain calm under pressure
- External agency management (including research, design, and print)
- Capable of taking on a varied degree of tasks and responsibility and of managing own workload efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work flexibly some evenings and weekends required. Lieu time offered