Chief Information Officer
About the job
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
As part of CAMRA’s desire to become a more effective campaigning organisation, CAMRA is looking for a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead the transformation of CAMRA into a 21st century digital organisation.
This role will lead on strategy and change management to take CAMRA through the adoption of increased digital and data capability including the successful deployment of new technologies that meet user needs and supports and enhances the strategic and operational processes that CAMRA operates.
This business focussed role will see the CIO understanding and aligning CAMRA’s information strategy with the organisations overall strategy and priorities and deliver clear value-driven return on investment.
Be staff lead for the delivery and development of CAMRA’s Digital Futures strategy, ensuring its
integration with CAMRA’s strategic planning process and the resulting business strategy and plans,
• Provide strategic direction in relation to technological innovation and evaluating new solutions to in
the implementation of the digital strategy,
• Ensure that CAMRAs digital and IT services are innovative, user focused, flexible, reliable, sustainable, and cost effective,
• Responsible for CAMRA’s strategic approach to the following:
o Information and Cyber Security
o Service Integration and Management (SIAM)
o Data Strategy & Governance
o Enterprise Strategy and Architecture
• Identity and Access Management (IDAM)
• Oversee the IT team, alongside subject matter experts as required, to deliver CAMRA’s operational and campaigning activities,
• Ensure core IT and digital functions are reliable, stable, efficient and agile,
• Work with relevant staff, including the Data Protection Officer to ensure all relevant digital and data governance processes are in place and adhered to ensure that CAMRA meets all regulatory and audit-based requirements,
• Accountable for developing and managing the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT and digital services
• Ensuring inclusivity, diversity and equality is built into all processes, activities and products