Wetherspoon opened this pub in October 2013, in the former Post Office on the High Street. It is named after this part of the High Street which during the 19th century was called the Narrow. The area was destroyed by fire in 1883 and the Post Office was one of the first new buildings to be be built. The front part of the pub is where the former customer service area of the post office was. There is a long bar with 10 hand pumps but the regular beers often double up. It then continues back into the former sorting office and telephone exchange which contains dining tables and comfy sofas. Abingdon's was the last manual telephone exchange in England when it closed in 1975. Historic photos and displays and a traditional red phone box show its former use as a post office.
This Pub serves 3 changing beers and 3 regular beers.
Narrows, Abingdon
Source: National
Notice an error or missing details? Help us keep our pub & club information accurate by sharing any corrections or updates you spot.