From shore to door! A Taste of America
Brewers Association & CAMRA present A Taste of America – exclusive American craft beer experiences
The Brewers Association, the not-for-profit trade association representing small and independent American craft brewers, is teaming up with the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) to present a series of exclusive virtual tastings this January featuring high quality, style-diverse, leading edge American craft beers that are unavailable in the UK* as part of CAMRA’s ‘Learn and Discover’ initiative.
With travel to the USA severely restricted by the pandemic, this new series will bring the USA to the UK. Lotte Peplow, Brewers Association’s American Craft Beer Ambassador for Europe will lead attendees through a series of three guided tastings of outstanding American craft beers from all corners of the country.
Each tasting will last approximately 90 minutes and include background, history and trends about American craft brewing to help attendees learn more about the American craft beer movement overseas.
Featured beers include:
TASTING #1 THURSDAY 7th JANUARY 2021 7pm-8.30pm
- Jack’s Abbey Brewing, Framingham MA: Springdale Pearly White Ale 4.5%, 473ml can
- Denver Beer Co., Denver, CO: Princess Yum Yum Raspberry Kolsch 4.8%, 355ml can
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Jovian 6.5%, 473ml can (fruited wild saison)
- Fremont Brewing Co., Seattle, WA: Lush IPA 7%, 355ml can
- Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, HI: Coconut Hiwa Porter 6%, 355ml can
- The Virginia Beer Co., Williamsburg, VA: Evil Santa Spiced Milk Stout 7%, 473ml can
TASTING #2 THURSDAY 21st JANUARY 2021 7pm-8.30pm
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Calabaza Blanca 4.2%, 473ml can (farmhouse witbier)
- Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, HI: Pineapple Mana Wheat 5.5%, 355ml can
- Denver Beer Co., Denver, CO: Graham Cracker Porter, 5.6% 355ml can
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR: Fresh Haze, 6.5%, 355ml can
- Belching Beaver Brewing Co., San Diego, CA: Viva La Beaver 7.5%, 355ml can
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing Co., Akron, OH: Frogiclaus 14.1%, 250ml can (Barrel-Aged creamy Swiss-style holiday lager)
TASTING #3 THURSDAY 4th FEBRUARY 2021 7pm-8.30pm
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Bam Biere 4.5%, 473ml can (farmhouse ale)
- Belching Beaver Brewing Co., San Diego, CA: Peanut Butter Milk Stout 5.3%, 355ml can
- Fremont Brewing Co., Seattle, WA: Sky Kraken Pale Ale 5.5%, 355ml can
- Jack’s Abby Brewing, Framingham, MA: Big Mocha Stout 6.8%, 473ml can
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR: Fresh Squeezed IPA 6.4%, 355ml can
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing Co., Akron, OH: Q.O.R.I.S The Quasher Quadruple Oatmeal Imperial Stout 15.7% 250ml can
Host Lotte Peplow explains: “The UK has seen a resurgence of interest in American craft beer since the pandemic began, fuelled by the launch of several new online retailers. We want to build on that interest by demonstrating the skill, creativity and all-round excellence of American craft beer, showcasing a range of incredible tasting beers that are unavailable in the UK. As we enter 2021 people may not be able to travel, but beer certainly can! Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn about the American craft brewing movement and discover very special American craft beers, flown over from the States and delivered to your door.”
Alex Metcalfe, CAMRA’s Learning & Discovery Manager adds: “This is a great opportunity for beer lovers to learn more about their favourite drinks from abroad. We’re incredibly lucky to be teaming up with Lotte to showcase beers that just simply aren’t available for purchase over here, while discovering the unique flavours and taste profiles to the US beer scene.”
Tastings cost £30 for members/£35 non-members and can be purchased at https://camra.org.uk/online-tastings-with-camra/. There are only 20 tickets per tasting available!
*Jack’s Abby/Springdale and Jolly Pumpkin are available in the UK
About the Brewers Association:
The Brewers Association (BA) is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The BA represents 5,500-plus U.S. breweries. The BA’s independent craft brewer seal is a widely adopted symbol that differentiates beers by small and independent craft brewers. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference® & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR™: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, Homebrew ConTM, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer® magazine, and Brewers Publications® is the leading publisher of brewing literature in the U.S. Beer lovers are invited to learn more about the dynamic world of craft beer at CraftBeer.com® and about homebrewing via the BA’s American Homebrewers Association® and the free Brew Guru® mobile app. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.