About the job
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with over 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Our vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. We are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic, and committed staff team of almost 50 people working at our head office in St. Albans where this role will be based.
We are independent and our policies and campaigning objectives are set by our membership.
CAMRA’s decision-making process is wholly independent of any commercial companies or other organisations.
We are not-for-profit and all proceeds are put back into achieving our campaigning objectives.
We are consumers. We have no commercial interests in pub or brewery ownership or management.
We are non-party political.
CAMRA’s Warehouse Team provides support to around 160 volunteer-run Beer Festivals each year as well as supporting our trading team with the fulfillment of shop orders, publicity materials & gift certificates. This role is crucial in delivering a professional, responsive & reactive service to all our customers.
The salary is £17,500.
- You’ll be helping to ensure that requests for beer festival equipment & merchandise items are picked, packed & dispatched on time.
- When festival equipment & orders come back you’ll be involved in basic maintenance including PAT testing & sometimes repairs.
- You’ll need to operate a forklift & a reach truck & there may be times when you’ll carry out deliveries & collections using vans & light commercial vehicles.
- Helping to ensure our warehouse & all equipment is maintained in good, safe & clean condition at all times & ensuring we are working in a safe & efficient working environment at all times.
- Accurately & efficiently processing, packing & despatching orders & returns providing a first-class service to our customers throughout the year.
- Helping with our stock monitoring by maintaining & updating stock records & counts in a timely & accurate manner – ensuring that data is accurately fed back to our Finance & Trading Teams.
- Standard Monday to Friday 8-4 or 9-5 but on occasions, there may be some evening or weekend working.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Reliable and a great team player who shows initiative & has the ability to self-motivate.
- Organised & able to communicate efficiently with good customer service skills & attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure, whilst balancing workloads to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- Understanding of the operational processes involved in goods in & goods out.
- Experienced in working in a warehouse environment together with being able to use manual handling equipment including forklift trucks & reach trucks.
- Physically fit & able to carry out appropriate tasks.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health & Safety.
- PC literate, Microsoft Word & Excel – with GCSE(s) or equivalent.
- Numerate, good written & spoken English.
- Possesses a driving license with experience of driving a van.
To apply: please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- The closing date is 9th August 2021. Shortlisting 12th August 2021. Interviews 17th August 2021.