Cask is Back!
Cask is BACK, so back CASK
As pubs reopen, CAMRA has teamed up with Society of Independent Brewers, the British Institute of Innkeeping, and Cask Marque to launch the Cask is BACK campaign.
Cask beer can only be enjoyed down the pub, and brewers and pubs alike have been hit hard by the pandemic.
That’s why we’re asking everyone to enjoy a pint of cask from an independent brewer when they get back to the pub.
How can I get involved?
Taking part is easy!
Just enjoy a pint of fresh cask beer from an independent brewery, and help spread the word that Cask is BACK. You can use #CaskIsBack, share a selfie while you’re down the pub, and tag the organisations involved on social media.
- During lockdown, 5 million pints of cask beer from small independent breweries had to be poured away.
- Sales of fresh British beer have been down 70% over the last year.
- 80% of revenue for small independent breweries comes from pubs and much of that is from cask beer.
- Small independent breweries create more local jobs. Pubs and breweries also employ a higher percentage of young people than other sectors.
- Unlike pasteurised beers, cask beer is the freshest beer available.
- Handpulled cask beer is the original ‘craft beer’, and should be protected and promoted. Alongside some traditional beers from Europe, cask beer inspired a generation of brewers in the US and across the globe
CAMRA members can find additional resources, including social media graphics and a Cask is BACK campaign pack in the members area of the website.